Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MEECH LAKE SWIM with TECHNOSPORT

Meech Lake in the Gatineau's is amazing !! Did you know that our Prime
Minister has a cottage (aka summer home) on Meech Lake? It is perched up
quite high overlooking the lake and I am certain the views from there are
spectacular. I always know I'm driving in the right direction when I see
the spires from the PM's roof top.

I finally got some time in my wetsuit in open water. Blanchet Beach on
Meech Lake is awesome. There is a small island right in the middle of this
area making it a perfect and incredibly beautiful buoy to swim around. Its
about a 750m loop. Great place to practice open water swimming. I joined
Technosport for the day to check out the location and to get to know the
people and coaches. Great group of people. Excellent coaching support.
Many thanks Jim for all your help. Technosport has some really fast swimmers
in their cadre. It may take a while to learn to keep pace, but I think I'm
up for the challenge. When not doing open water swimming, the club swims
out of L'Universite d'Ottawa.

If you are looking for a great place to do an open water swim in a safe,
bacteria free lake, check out Blanchet Beach in Gatineau Park. If you are
looking for a great swim club or tri club, Technosport is highly
recommended. Good people and great certified coaches who are willing to
help you out. Check it out.