Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

RIDE TO CONQUER CANCER - JUNE 2010

Hello everyone. Yes, I'm on the road again!

As part of team 'CF Injured Soldier Network', I will be cycling with fellow
soldiers 200km from Toronto to Niagara Falls in support of cancer research.

The Canadian Forces Injured Soldier Network (CF ISN) is a peer support
program that marries up like injured and ill soldiers with other soldiers in
recovery to share stories and experiences, and to provide support and
inspiration. I am the founder of that program.

One of the largest peer support groups within the CF ISN is the Cancer
Support Group. I was astonished by the number of friends and co-workers who
were either battling the disease, or had family affected by this terrible
disease. I met a fellow officer who shared his story with me about his
lovely wife who had just passed away and that he was left to raise to small
girls on his own. My heart sank. I knew he felt alone and I knew he could
use a kind word from other soldiers in the same situation. This is where
the CF ISN comes in. There is a bond between our band of brothers and
sisters that is unlike any other. We have a duty to support one another,
and that is just the way it is. So Mike, you are not alone. We are here to
support you and we hope to see you in Toronto !!

Should you wish to check out this ride go to www.conquercancer.ca

Hope to see you there.

Kim

No comments: