Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 2

Up at 0545h this morning and gulped down a refreshing smoothie with bananas and mango. I added a protein supplement so it filled me up quite nicely before the morning bike ride around the race course.

We headed out for our group ride at around 0615h. We are only 2 kms from the race site, which is awesome.

Despite what my coach told me, the profile of this bike course has several grades over 8 percent. On the first hill my chain fell off and I crashed. This will teach me to ignore the sound of a twing coming from my rear shifter before I head out onto a ride. Bad bad bad. I managed to pick my butt up off the pavement and put my chain back on. I got back on my bike and just gutted it out all the way up the hill. A little zig and zag and before you know it I was at the top of this bugger of a hill. I finished the loop and then headed back to the hotel. YES I will find the bike mechanic today so that when I head out tomorrow, my bike is in good working order.

Once off the bike we took an hour break and then headed to breakfast. Since I had a smoothie I really was not hungry. I did have a tasty coffee.

About 30 mins later we were at the pool. Before long I was experiencing a Charlie horse in my good leg!! What else could go wrong! I guess that crash on the bike did a little damage as I am now achey all over. Damn!!!

So now I am sitting in my room snacking on some noodles and 7up. Think I will stretch and then have a nap. No sightseeing for me this afternoon.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:China

No comments: